Fail installing MM on Linux

This appears to me when I try to install MM, using sudo gem…

ERROR:  Error installing middleman:
	ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

current directory: /var/lib/gems/2.5.0/gems/fast_blank-1.0.0/ext/fast_blank
/usr/bin/ruby2.5 -r ./siteconf20181213-22176-rehktj.rb extconf.rb
creating Makefile

make "DESTDIR=" clean

make "DESTDIR="
compiling fast_blank.c
make: gcc: Command not found
Makefile:242: recipe for target 'fast_blank.o' failed
make: *** [fast_blank.o] Error 127

make failed, exit code 2

Gem files will remain installed in /var/lib/gems/2.5.0/gems/fast_blank-1.0.0 for inspection.
Results logged to /var/lib/gems/2.5.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.5.0/fast_blank-1.0.0/gem_make.out

Please some good soul may help me out? I tried re installing Ruby, Gems and nothing, those are clearly installed in the last version.

If it is better to open an issue instead of coming here, just tell me, cheers!

Seems related to this: Almost every file changing cause 'Segmentation fault' with ruby 2.5 – try using Ruby 2.4.x instead of 2.5.x. Are you using RBenv?

Ooops! Just read another similar topic right beside yours (Installing middleman gem on Windows 10 showing error) and there is Ruby 2.4.x used there, but the same gem fails (fast_blank). I have this gem in my Gemfile.lock in the MM 4.x project and seems to work fine.

But hey, do you have gcc configured properly?

make: gcc: Command not found

Try this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22544754/failed-to-build-gem-native-extension-installing-compass/26161563#26161563

Thank you so much both of you. I have installed gcc (was missing in my pc), then middleman installed correctly. But was not working so I installed nodejs (I forgot him) and now is all working :smile: