Middleman Blog Article Creation w/o Build and Push

With the fear of being labeled Captain Obvious, I had a question about working with the blogging piece of Middleman. I’ve wired the blog into a project I am working on and at first glance it looks straight forward - from creating an article from the terminal, running build and then pushing the site back up to the live server…although it’s still involves several steps, I say straight forward, because I know how to do it, but what if I was building this site for a client, how would they have the control to generate and manage their posts? Am I missing and important feature?

Thank you for your time,
Chuck a.k.a C.O.

@studiorooster, tools like Middleman are not a best solution to create sites maintained by untrained people. Most clients will run away in fear and screaming after seeing a Markdown file. I’ve tried this with YML files to add/delete simple tabular content. It didn’t work, I have to provide a PHP form on server and spoil a Ruby/Middleman solution with PHP inserting some parts of HTML. This is work in progress, so I don’t know if it will succeed.
But if your client is not afraid of Markdown or a similar markup and you are able to set him up a working environment on his computer – then it’s OK. Or if you can set up a server with Middleman and cron or manually-fired build process. But be prepared to answer a question like: why use this, there is a beautiful Wordpress, Joomla, etc, etc.

@komor72 thank you for the reply. …its what I was expecting in an answer while hoping for a different one. On another note, thanks for the gag reflex regarding the Wordpress and Joomla reference :slight_smile: