Blog detail page not pulling in styles

Hi,

I’m new to Middleman and am having trouble getting my blog detail page to pull in the stylesheet. When I click on the blog title (from the blog listing page) and go to the full article it just has unstyled body text. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
R.S.

I created this layout: article_layout.erb

<% wrap_layout :layout do %>
  <header>My Name</header>
    <body class="no-bg-body">
       <article>
           <%= yield %>
      </article>
    </body>

Here is stylesheet for header & body : all.css.scss

header {
background-color: #5199ce;
color: #fff;
font-family: ‘Raleway’, sans-serif;
font-size: 30px;
height: 60px;
width: 100%;
padding-left: 50px;
padding-top: 10px;
}

body {
font-family: sans-serif;
background: url("…/images/sdbg.jpg");
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;
}

.no-bg-body {
background: url("#");
background-color: #fff;
}

Here is config.rb:

activate :blog do |blog|
blog.layout = "article_layout"
end

page "blog/*", :layout => :article_layout

Sample article:

2015-08-08-sample-article-name.html.erb

--- title: Sample article name date: 2015-08-08 15:50 UTC layout: article_layout —

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, deseruisse vituperatoribus mea at, timeam delectus corrumpit no duo. Sed mentitum expetenda referrentur ad. Agam feugiat ocurreret et sea, paulo offendit vulputate ut nam.

Hello @rasmm

Welcome the the Middleman world

Here is your fix in your config.rb

blog.layout = "layouts/article_layout"

Cheers

And another protip : Drop this sh$tty vendor prefixes from your styles & use autoprefixer
You can found an example here https://github.com/flexbox/davidl/blob/master/config.rb

Hi @flexbox

Thank you for your reply!

My article_layout.erb file is located in source folder and I never created a special layouts folder. I just created a layouts folder and put the file in and changed the config.rb file to match but nothing changed. I changed it back for the time being.

Maybe there is another issue with my config.rb file?

Hummm

index.html is different to layout.html

You need a layouts/layout.html :smiley:

1 Like