How do you deal with images?

Hey,

So I am looking for solutions how and where should I store images for my Middleman site. I am mostly referring to blog images beside some other graphics that will be shared across multiple pages (like logos etc.).

I need something that:

• is SEO friendly (so that users can discover me by images in Google Image serach for example and land on my website if they follow the link)
  • does let me serve the assets quickly
  • does not hurt my bandwitch

Should I store images on my server or is perfectly fine to store them somewhere else (Dropbox etc.)? Do you have CDN in place or some other solution?

Would love to hear how do you solve it on your own Middleman site!

The better idea you can have is to host your all website with Netlify. Better solution now for static website hosting

If you would store your images on external server it can hurt your page speed loading. In my opinion it is better to keep images on your server. In this case you can cache this content and improve your page speed time.

Storing images elsewhere is a common practice, and a choice that is almost depending on the volume of images you have vs the audience you have.
If you deal with a specific country, your best bet is a local hosting.

So far the best solution I came across was simply storing the images on Dropbox since they have a CDN already. This way, I don’t hurt my loading speeds (especially if I can control when I want to load images on my side).

I’m a big fan of the services Netlify provide, including Large Media, which is using Git LFS and supports image transformations.