How to prevent activation of an extension?

I have a bunch of files with .md.erb extension. But I only want to process them with the erb template engine, and serve them as .md files. In older versions it was possible to remove specific template engines from tilt (::Tilt.mappings.delete('md')), but that dosen’t method doesn’t exist anymore. Ideally I’d like to completely disable the markdown extension, as I don’t want any .md files to be processed.

The problem with the :markdown_extension is that it’s activated by default and there doesn’t appear to be a way to disable activation of these default extensions.

The closest I was able to get is to use ::Tilt.register ::Tilt::PlainTemplate, 'md' to associate a template with markdown files which doesn’t do any processing. That’ll strip the .md extension from the files but I could deal with that. However, a second problem is that even though I have page "/docs/*", :layout => false, middleman is adding the default template to those files.

You could do .html.erb

And still write the markdown how u like

I mean the files always get saved as HTML anyway

Sorry if I am misunderstanding your use case

The use case is that we want middleman to generate markdown files as part of the output. At the end, we want there to be a bunch of files in the output folder like <output>/docs/foo.md, generated from files such as <source>/docs/foo.md.erb.