Middleman 4 tutorials?

Anyone knows where I find some good updated tutorial on basic middleman features, like sitemap manipulation? I want to learn, but almost everything I find is outdated, relying on previous versions… quite frustrating, as I really want to learn deep but the exiting documentation it’s too raw, there are no good examples, it’s not possible for a non ruby coder to understand how to do really simple things.

Anyone?

Is there something specific you’re wanting documentation/examples of?
I find the documentation and examples are fine for middleman v4 and the prior release.
Knowing a little bit of ruby is expected, as the functions in templates are ruby/erb (e.g. looping through posts, extracting yaml/data, etc) and not middleman itself.

Any answers I couldn’t find in the docs or here on the forums , I’ve found on ruby-specific forums on stackoverflow, et al. (usually because it was ruby and not middleman at the core of the issue)

As an aside, my ruby has improved since I started digging in to middleman and making/modifying templates to do what I want them to.

Hi! Thanks for reply, actually way more fast I expected…

So, I would like to understand better how to interact with the sitemap, at first. I’m trying to filter my content using tags, data and options, and I can’t figure how to do pretty simple things. For example, I would like to create a navigation. I have folders with pages, each for an instrument model. I created an organization using frontmatter. I would like to understand how can I filter just a specific model to appear (I would like only 3/4/ basses, in other situation I want just cellos, or basses which are suitable for solo repertoire. And so on… I cannot understand how to explicitly tell middleman to show just the pages I want.
I can create a list of a subfolder, filtered by path - very basic and inelegant - with a code like:

<% sitemap.resources.each do |page| %>
  <% if page.url =~ /^(\/en\/instruments\/contrabasses\/models\/)/ %>
    <li><%= link_to page.data.title, page.url %></li>
  <% end %>
<% end %>

However, if I do:

<% if page.data.sizes == ‘small’ %>
<%= link_to page.data.title, page.url %>
<% end %>
<% end %>

nothing appear.

If I choose to use the layout of a page as filter, I think I can do something like this:

<% if page.options.layout == ‘basses’ %>
<%= link_to page.data.title, page.url %>
<% end %>
<% end %>

but, again, nothing appear.

I think that middleman documentation could have some more examples, with more cases, to help a newcomer to understand better how a case differ to others and to better figure out how we can manipulate the content.

Thanks!