Multi Site Configuration

I was wondering if anyone has come across a way to manage multiple websites within one middleman project e.g. One master template that when changed updates all sites down the hierarchy?

Hello,

i search the same but all what i really found is

and this is for non programmer to high stuff. Maybe help you.

Silvio

Not quite sure what you want to do, but from the top of my head I see several possibilities:

• Make multiple sites, but use ln (or maybe ln -s) to place aliases of the master template in all the sites. (Same can be used for all files that are identical in the sites).

• Make one middleman mastersite, with a dictionary for each site. And…

… If you’re using Apache, use rewrite to make the different dictionaries appear as different sites

… Modify the deploy routine to deploy different dictionaries to different locations.

… Use build_after to copy the content of the site dictionaries to other dictionaries on your hard drive and to add support files (i.e. css, js) before uploading.

Thank you @SilvioSiefke

@tommysundstrom thanks for chiming in I didn’t even think it could be done like that I’m going to do some testing and see what I come up with. Thanks again!

Hello,

have you found a solution?

I use this as “template” and for Middleman 4 you need some changes but it works very well. Maybe help you and other too.

Silvio